Each week, Real Sustainable Habits highlights a tasty and unique, yet low-cost and easy to prepare vegetarian recipe. We post it on Friday so that you’ll have ample time over the weekend to gather the ingredients in preparation for Meatless Monday. One mission of Real Sustainable Habits is to help people who want to adopt a plant-centered, vegetarian, or vegan diet make that transition. Cutting out all meat one day each week is a great starting point for beginners.
This Week’s Recipe: Homemade Pizza
Making homemade pizza shouldn’t be hard and time consuming. For this quick and easy recipe, we’ll make a delicious pizza sauce and use the basic pizza dough recipe featured in yesterday’s post. If your preference is a thin crust pizza, roll out the dough with a rolling pin and if you prefer a thicker, more traditional crust, hand stretch the dough.
First, let’s gather our kitchen utensils
- Small Bowl
- 9 x 13 Cookie Sheet
Let’s cover the ingredients you’ll need:
- 4 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Basil
- 2 tablespoons Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Pepper, or to taste
- Basic Pizza Dough recipe
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Alright, now that you know what ingredients you’ll need in order to make Homemade Pizza, let’s step through how to make it:
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl mix together the tomato paste, water, basil, oregano, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Stretch out the dough with your hands or a rolling pin to the size of the cookie sheet.
- Place the stretched out dough in the sheet and trim or crimp the edges of the dough to the shape of the sheet
- Spread the sauce on the pizza and top with the cheese.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 410 degrees.
- Take out of the oven, cut the pizza, and enjoy!
Our Pizza was delicious. How did yours turn out? Let us know in the comments!
- Let’s Get In Shape Using Baby Steps July 17, 2014
- Why Finding a Personal Trainer Was The Best Decision I Ever Made July 14, 2014
- Learn to Smoke a Pork Butt Like A Pro June 8, 2014
- Buy Meat in Bulk to Save Money June 1, 2014
- Reuse Can Also Mean Repair May 27, 2014
Achieve Goals Baked Macaroni and Cheese Bean Pate Bike Vs Car Biking breathing exercises Broccoli Stir-fry Bun Chay Consume Cooking Dried Beans credit Credit Cards Crock Pot Dhal Soup Dryerless Eggless Chocolate Cup Cakes Eggless Desert Exercise Financial Independence Hypothetical Imperative insomnia Italian Bean Crock Pot Bean Stew Meatless Monday Meatless Monday Series Meatless Monday Special meditation Ooma P90X Pay off Debt Phone Savings Pizza Save Money Savings Set Goals stretching Telephone Tips Tortilla Pizza train travel Vegetable Bake Vegetable Casserole Vegetable Lasagna Vegetable Quesadillas Vegetarian Sloppy Joes Work
- Cooking Dried Beans: Cost Effective and Efficient? Really? June 27, 2012
- How to Ditch Your Car and Bike Everywhere July 25, 2012
- On Achieving Goals July 2, 2012
- Welcoming a New Life Into the World January 20, 2013
- Traveling by Train: Benefits and Tips August 15, 2012